Holiday Hair Inspiration – The Top Knot
A simple, quick DIY updo that’s appropriate for holiday parties – the top knot! The perfect complement to this ‘do is red or burgundy lips (My favorite lipcolors are MAC “Chili” and “Diva”).
You can also accessorize your top knot with a pair of festive chandelier earrings…
The last time I crimped my hair was in Junior High, and I’ve since vowed to never, EVER do it again. Until I came across this little gem of a top knot (NYE party inspiration?)…
Now here’s how you get this upstyle:
1. Backcomb a mohawk section on top of your head for slight volume, and to keep bangs/short pieces around your hairline out of your face.
2. Pull hair into a high ponytail – use a brush to smooth the back of your head before securing with an elastic.
3. Backcomb the entire ponytail, section by section, for fullness.
4. Twist and wrap your hair around the base of the ponytail and secure with bobby pins on all sides.
5. Smooth any flyaways, and hairspray the $*!# out of that top knot.